Welcome to The Ivy Legacy Foundation website. Since its founding in 1995, the Foundation has consistently worked toward making a difference in the Greater Philadelphia community through educational and cultural programs. None of our endeavors would be possible without the support we have received from you, the community. Raising the stakes to increase our involvement, fundraising, and community outreach are at the top of our list of goals as we enter our 20th year of service.
Your tax deductible contribution will help us reach our goal of $50,000.00 to award scholarships and support the community service programs of Rho Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. Throughout the year we fund programs focused on the following themes:
Target I: Educational Enrichment
Target II: Health Promotion
Target III: Family Strengthening
Target IV: Environmental Ownership
Target V: Global Impact
Our ongoing service programs are supplemented by Community Impact Days where we join our efforts with national partners and members of Alpha Kappa Alpha across the globe. The 2016 calendar includes:
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service (January)
• Pink Goes Red for Heart Health Day (February)
• 1908 Playgrounds Mobilization Day (May)
• The Longest Day™ Alzheimer’s Support Activities (June)
• Mental Health Awareness Day (July)
• Childhood Hunger Awareness Day (October)
You can join us in the mission to create a greater Philadelphia, state, country and world.
• Join us or sponsor our signature fundraiser Philly’s Men Are Cookin’
• Make a donation directly or through the United Way donor option-The Ivy Legacy Foundation (recipient code 12517).
• Participate in any of our community service activities
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and learn about The Ivy Legacy Foundation. We look forward to the opportunity to serve the community in partnership with you.
With warmest regards,
Jacquelyn “Lynne” Washington, CMP
The Ivy Legacy Foundation